Putin signed a law to locate an airbase in Syria
Russian air group shall be accommodated on Khmeimim Air Base
Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law ratifying the agreement between Russia and Syria on accommodating the air group of Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. This was announced by the press-service of Kremlin. http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/53089
“The President of the Russian Federation signed the Law on Ratification of the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the Syrian Arab Republic on the accommodating the air group of Armed Forces of the Russian Federation on the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic,” – reads the message.
The law was approved by the State Duma on October 6, 2016 and by the Federation Council on October 12, 2016.
The agreement was signed on August 26, 2015 in Damascus, and only a year later Putin introduced it for consideration by the Duma. The agreement stipulates that Russian aviation group shall be located on the territory of Syria on the request of the Syria party and shall be accommodated on Khmeimim Air Base in the Latakia Governorate with no time limit and on a free-of-charge basis.
According to the document the use of Russian air force shall be performed in accordance with the decision of its commander on agreement with representatives of Syrian authorities.
The document also reads that the military stuff of the Russian air group shall freely cross the border without customs and border control.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case