Putin, Juncker meet in Russia
No discussions on sanctions lift, presidential press secretary says
Russian leader Vladimir Putin and Head of the European Commission Jean Claude Juncker met in Russia and discussed ways to normalize EU-Russia relations. Dmitriy Peskov, press secretary of the Russian president, said this as quoted by TASS.
“Sanctions per se were not discussed. The sides talked through this situation when EU-Russia relations are actually frozen”, Peskov said, adding that both sides understand that a way out of this situation needs to be sought.
The Russian official ruled out that Putin will raise issues of lifting sanctions off Russia during his upcoming visit to Finland.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars