Putin dismissed Poklonskaya from her position of Crimean “Prosecutor”
Natalia Poklonskaya was elected MP of the Russian parliament from the United Russia party
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin terminated the appointment of Natalia Poklonskaya from the position of so-called “Prosecutor” of the Crimea. The respective order was published on the official portal of legal information.
Poklonskaya, often referred to in the media as "Nyasha," meaning sweetheart or darling, was elected the deputy of the Russian State Duma from the ruling United Russia party. She became the head of the committee on verification of reported income details of the parliamentarians.
36-year-old Poklonskaya was appointed in March 2014, after the annexation of the peninsula.
Ukraine opened a criminal investigation against her for complicity in the actions of seizing power. March 26, 2014 Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine on behalf of the Government announced her wanted.
Poklonskaya initiated ban of the Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people and the recognized it as an extremist organization, prompting condemnation of UN and Ukraine.
She also gave the course of numerous lawsuits over the Crimean Tatars on charges of extremism and terrorism. In particular, September 7th four of the Crimean Tatars, accused of having links with a terrorist organization "Hizb ut-Tahrir", rendered guilty verdicts - 7 and 5 years old colony.
Elections to the State Duma in Russia took place on September 18. There was no surprise - the pro-presidential United Russia won, establishing a de facto one-party system at the State Duma.
A number of countries led by the United States said they did not recognize the elections in Crimea. Ukraine and the international community consider this peninsula Ukrainian, which means that the Russian Federation could not hold elections there.
Ukrainian Parliament adopted draft decree #5135 on non-recognition of legitimacy of elections to the State Duma of the Russian Federation of the 7th convocation, as well as the results and legal consequences, and respectively, the composition, authority, acts and decisions of this State Duma.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars