Putin calls US the world's only superpower
The Russian president said he did not want US to prevent Europe building relationship with Russia
Russian President Vladimir Putin called the US the world's only superpower. He stated this at the St. Petersburg Economic Forum.
"America is a great power, and today probably the only superpower. We accept this, we are willing and ready to work with the United States. The world needs such a powerful country like the United States and we need too. But we do not need them to constantly interfere in our relationships with European countries, to point us how to live , to prevent Europe building relationship with us, "- said Putin.
He also stressed that contrsanctions of Russian Federation, introduced in response to the sanctions of the European Union for the annexation of the Crimea and the Russian aggression in Donbas affected only in European countries but not the United States.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars