Peskov: There are Russians fighting in Donbas, but not Russian military
"Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as nationalist groups and divisions threaten people"
Russian Federation citizens are fighting at the side of the self-proclaimed republics in eastern Ukraine. But there are no Russian troops there, - stated Russian presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov.
“There was no and there is no Russian troops in Donbas. Were there at the Donbas citizens of Russia? Yes. Are they there now? Yes. You know about the huge number of Russians who harbor a deep sense of solidarity with those who live in the Donbas. And certainly you know those sentiments, that exist among these people, "- Peskov said.
He noted that among the public moods prevails "the fear of those who really threatened them from the side of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as nationalist groups and divisions."
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Kremlin doubts success of Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 16:57
Russia: Preparations for Normandy talks meeting underway 10 October, 11:21
Kyiv not to congratulate Putin on his birthday, - Peskov 7 October, 20:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas