Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo
“Crimean saboteurs” were taken to Moscow with bags on their heads
Ukrainian citizens Yevhen Panov and Andriy Zahtey, suspected in Russian of organizing terror attacks in occupied Crimea, were brought to Russia with bags on their heads. Zoya Svetova, member of public monitoring commission of Moscow, told that on air of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“We were in Lefortovo pre-trial detention center. We were twice told that they are not there. Yesterday the administration of the detention center said that these people were admitted. We met Yevhen Panov and Andriy Zahtey. They arrived in Moscow on the night of October 6,” – she said.
Svetova added that they were transferred from the Crimea to the continent by a helicopter, and then they were transported by car with the bags on their heads.
“I was astonished by the bloody wounds from the handcuffs on their wrists and scarfs on their faces. They do not talk of what had happened,” – Svetova tells.
According to her, neither their relatives, not their attorneys knew of where they were, and detained Ukrainians were being hided from the human rights defenders for a whole week.
As we reported earlier, Yevhen Panov was detained in the case of preparation of acts of sabotage in the Crimea on August 15. The total number of detainees reached nine in this case. Moscow blames Ukrainian intelligence in arranging the attacks.
The District Court of Simferopol has arrested the second suspect in the allegedly preparing "terrorist acts" in occupied Crimea Andriy Zahtey on August 13.
Previously, Ukrainian citizen Yevhen Panov was beaten with a metal pipe in the first few days after the arrest. Panov told the lawyer that he had been kidnapped on August 7 by the FSB operatives. It is not specified where exactly he was kidnapped, in Crimea or in the continental Ukraine. When abducted he was hit in the forehead, the cut marked on photos and videos confirms it. In addition to the physical torture, said Panov, psychological one was applied to him too.
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars