NATO: Undeclared Russian military drills only worsen relations with Alliance
NATO concerned about military drills of Russian Armed Forces near Alliance borders
The Alliance noticed that Russia started to hold the unannounced military drills under the pretext of inspection of combat readiness of its troops. These drills impair Russia’s relations with NATO. Deputy Secretary General of NATO Alexander Vershbow stated this, Radio Svoboda "reports.
There were more than a dozen of these drills over the past two years, he said during the visit to Romania.
Vershbow added that NATO is not satisfied with such inspections since the end of Cold War.
According to Vershbow, NATO would like to enhance the transparency and predictability in relations with Russia, which are now "very poor" and to stabilize them.
However, if Russia is also interested in stability and predictability, these "combat readiness drills" do not lead to this goal.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain