McCain: USA lack strategy to stop Putin
US Senator expressed his support to Ukrainians in the struggle against Putin
The United States lack strategy for stopping Russian president Vladimir Putin, stated John McCain during his visit to Odesa.
"Unfortunately, the United States lack strategy to stop him," - he said at the briefing, broadcasted by the "112 Ukraine" channel.
He also called Russia "the gas filling station". "I have often said that Russia is a gas filling station, which is pretending to be a country. And to a large extent, their economy depends on oil. With this trend of the oil price to fall worldwide, Russia will face serious economic difficulties in the next couple of years, and this can only cause it to take up the further dangerous escapades, " the US Senator said.
Commenting Russian authorities’ decision to impose sanctions against him, senator added, “If I met Mr. Putin, who imposed sanctions against me, the first thing I would tell him that I am honored by this decision on me personally. I perceive these sanctions as a reward of honor for my support of the struggle of Ukrainians for freedom and independence. I think that I also would say to him that he is on the wrong side of history, because sooner or later, his adventures, corruption and other disgrace must reach its end."
Recall that McCain is on visit to Odesa. He has already met governor of the region Mikheil Saakashvili. McCain will also meet President Poroshenko.
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars