Kremlin: Minsk deal must be strictly followed
Putin’s spokesperson emphasized that Russia expects the fulfilment of Minsk protocol points by all the parties
Minsk agreement on halting the war in the Donbas region of Ukraine must not have alternative interpretations, and should be strictly implemented, said the spokesman of Russian President Dmitriy Peskov, Ria.ru.
“Of course, the best solving of this situation could be the implementation and following of the Minsk agreement, which are clearly formulated, and which do not tolerate any other interpretations, as its points are set out in a strict order. In this case, we would expect the parties concerned fulfill the points of the [Minsk] protocol,” stated Putin’s spokesperson.
Except the elections in self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics, there are a lot of points, which musn't be omitted, adds Kremlin representative.
Minsk protocol of the results of consultations of the Trilateral Contact Group (Minsk, 05/09/2014) consists of 12 points, first of which is bilateral ceasefire.
Yesterday, the Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk signed an agreement on withdrawal guns with caliber less than 100 mm from the line of contact. The document was signed by special representative of OSCE Martin Sajdik, Ukrainain ex-president Leonid Kuchma, and Russian diplomat Azamat Kulmuhametov.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case