Klimkin: Ukraine does not need Russia's Ambassador
State should not hurry with introduction of visa regime with Russia
Diplomatic relations between Kyiv and Moscow reduced to zero, so there is no need to have the Russian Ambassador to Ukraine. The head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin said this to 5 TV Channel.
At the same time Klimkin said that Ukraine should not hurry with the introduction of a visa regime with Russia.
"We have allowed Russian citizens entry only on foreign passports across international and interstate border crossing points. From the point of view of the Foreign Ministry, I am not against the introduction of visa regime. It should be a step that we will take not because of the symbolic measures, but with a clear understanding what it will result in", Klimkin said.
There is no Russian Ambassador in Kyiv today, the Ukrainian side refused to accept the candidacy of Mikhail Babich to this post after the dismissal of Mikhail Zurabov.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Klimkin: ‘Russia tries distorting entire logic of Minsk peace process’ 12 October, 17:19
Klimkin: Russia tries to tear Europe appart 12 October, 17:33
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars