In Russia, sick Ukrainian died in prison, - media
It is reported that the prisoner was ill with hepatitis and tuberculosis and did not receive the treatment
A sick Ukrainian died in prison in Russia. For two years in prison he was not provided with medical care. This was reported by the human rights expert of the Regional Centre, the lawyer Roman Martynovsky, according to "Gromadske radio".
"We managed on behalf of the prisoner appeal to the European Court of Human Rights to take urgent measures under rule 39 of the Rules of Court, and the court eventually claimed for the necessary information from the Russian government, but, unfortunately, the Russian authorities had not taken any measures to ensure prompt treatment, and the prisoner died yesterday "- said Martynovsky.
It is reported that according to Martynovsky, on September 9 in the morning all the prisoners in this colony tried to protest against the conditions of detention and the failure to provide medical care. In particular prisoners refused to morning inspection.
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas