In Moscow conducted a search at library of Ukrainian literature
Security officials might have seized some books of nationalistic contents due to the fact that such literature considered as banned in Russia, journalist told
Russian security officers from the morning have been conducting the search at the library of Ukrainian literature, reports 112 Ukraine correspondent in Moscow. They might withdraw books of nationalistic contents.
"The library of Ukrainian literature does not work from the morning. Just 10 minutes ago, I was trying to get to the library. The door opened a policeman with a gun and said that nobody knows when it will open, and that there is no one of library staff at the place. There are no markings on the police and other law enforcement agencies who are present here,” the journalist told.
In addition, reporter pointed out that now is difficult to say what kind of publications were seized.
"It was said about the exemplars of alleged Russophobian newspapers. But it is already known that some books were seized. Which exactly books - right now is being checked. Maybe, this was the part of the literature, which is devoted to Stepan Bandera and other Ukrainian writers who wrote about the Ukrainian nation. Rather, the books of nationalist contents. In Russia they considered as banned books, they can not be read anywhere, and from the library, most likely, they will be withdraw and never returned back,” the correspondent summed up.
Also, earlier it was reported, that at the same time, apart of search in the library, another searches were conducted at the head of the library and a representative of the Ukrainian World Congress Valeriy Semenenko, who was detained.
IFJ calls on Russia to free Sushchenko 4 October, 10:26
Kremlin begins to discredit Roman Sushchenko, - lawyer 6 October, 12:23
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars