HRW: Russia continues to stockpile and use cluster munitions in Syria
Organization reports various kinds of cluster munitions were used during series of attacks that took place in May-July 2016
‘Since Russia and Syria have renewed their joint air operations, we have seen a relentless use of cluster munitions,’ said Ole Solvang, deputy emergencies director at Human Rights Watch. ‘The Russian government should immediately ensure that neither its forces nor Syria’s use this inherently indiscriminate weapon’ (HRW).
The organization reported that ‘a large number of the documented cluster munition attacks took place north and west of the city of Aleppo, as Russian and Syrian forces tried to besiege the part of the city controlled by armed opposition groups’.
According to Human Rights Watch, although Russia denies the use of such weaponry in Syria, ‘there is growing evidence that it has stockpiled cluster munitions, and has used or has directly participated in attacks with the weapon’.
Read the full article: https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/07/28/russia/syria-widespread-new-cluster-munition-use
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case