General Staff: Federal Security Service’s statements may be informational part of Russian anti-terrorist drills
Representative of General Staff called this accusation Russia’s provocation
Speaker of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Vladyslav Seleznyov called the statement of the Federal Security Service of Russia accusing the Ukrainian side in preparation of terrorist acts in the annexed Crimea a provocation. He said this to Radio Svoboda agency.
"These events began to develop in the morning on August 7, and almost immediately there were reports in social networks that some supposedly Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance groups penetrated into the territory of the occupied Crimea and carried out some attacks. We immediately responded to this, saying that such statements are clearly provocative”, Seleznyov said.
"Four days FSB waited, now there is information that spreads in social networks. Just yesterday the representative of the Defense Ministry of Ukraine Volodymyr Skibitskiy made a statement that Russia conducts anti-terror drills in the occupied Crimea. Therefore, it is possible, that these statements may be the informational part of Russian anti-terrorist drills", he added.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain