Every second Russian believes Russia is a great world power - survey
The number of Russians who consider their country is a super power increased from 19,5% in 2003 to 50,2% in 2015
Every second Russian believes that Russia has been and remains a great world power, according to a sociological survey conducted by the Center for Socio-Political Monitoring at Institute of Social Sciences of Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), RIA Novosti reports.
"For the moment, every second Russian is confident that Russia has been and remains a great world power, a third of the respondents are oriented on the recovery of Russia's great power status, which, of course, is the basis for the successful development of the country", the director of the Center for Socio-Political Monitoring Andrey Pokida told.
Based on the survey data, in 2003 the number of Russians who consider Russia a great world power, was only 19.5%, in 2010 - 34.3%, in 2015 this figure increased to 50.2%.
Almost 34.7% of respondents surveyed in 2015 believe that Russia is weakened, but will become a great world power, whereas in 2003 this opinion was held by 55.2% of respondents, and in 2010 - 39.1%. With the statement "Russia has never been and will not become a great world power" in 2003 agreed 15% of Russians, in 2010 - 12.3%, in 2015 the number of people who hold to this opinion decreased to 4.3%.
In addition, the survey results show that the supporters of Orthodoxy incidental to the higher civil liability to their country, unlike the representatives of other religions, stated the director of the center.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars