EU will not monitor elections to State Duma in occupied Crimea
OSCE observers are to monitor elections
Observers from the European Union will not be in the Crimea and Sevastopol during the elections to the State Duma of Russia. Maya Kocijancic, the official representative of the head of EU diplomacy Federica Mogherini, stated this, ZN.UA reports.
"OSCE provides monitoring during the elections to the State Duma on September 18. However, the observers will not work on illegally annexed territories. Union diplomats involved in this monitoring will be limited by Russian territory, so they will not in any case monitor the elections in the occupied Crimea and Sevastopol", she said.
When asked whether the EU will recognize the overall results of the elections to the State Duma, Kocijancic said: "We will decide on the OSCE report, I will not indulge in speculation about upcoming events".
Mogherini’s representative recalled that the European Union condemned and did not recognize the annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol by Russia and supports the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine.
Recall that Crimean authorities force people to attend the elections to the Russian State Duma under the pretext of dismissals and wage cuts.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case