Damage of EU-Ukraine association to Russia is USD 3.5 bn, - Economy Ministry
The Russian side already “minimizes risks” for its economy, the Ministry’s representative says
Russian entrepreneurs might suffer losses of USD 3.5 bn due to Ukraine’s economic association with the EU, said First Deputy Minister of Economic Development of Russia Alexei Likhachev (RIA Novosti).
According to him, such sum would be lost by Russian entrepreneurs and businessmen in case the Russian government didn’t react to the launch of the Free Trade Area between Ukraine and the EU. It is expected to come into force on January 1, 2016.
“However, in this case, we withdraw all kinds of trade preferences (for Ukraine), and we introduce tough standards of the custom service and phytosanitary control. Thus, we minimize the damage to our economy”, Likhachev said.
Previously, December 16, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree on suspension of the free trade area with Ukraine since January 2016. “The respective agreement is suspended due to the extraordinary circumstances that concern national interests and economic safety of the EUssian Federation”, the document says.
Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko commented on the decision of the Kremlin, saying he regretted the fact that Russia had suspended the free trade area agreement with Ukraine. However, he added that the Ukrainian nation is ready to pay such price for its European choice.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars