Current regime in Crimea is worse than the Soviet rule
22 Crimean Tatars faced repressions since Russia annexed Crimea
“The main purpose of the rest of my life, probably, will be the release of my native territory, my country, and my people from the occupation. The reestablishment of the territorial integrity of our country and the construction of a new autonomous republic within Ukraine is what we need. This occupation is a terrible attack against our people," said national leader of the Crimean Tatar people Mustafa Dzhemilev in his latest interview with 112 channel.
"For long decades, we have been fighting against the totalitarian regime for our coming back home. And once again we are threatened with deportation within a regime that is worse even than the Soviet one," he added.
Earlier, Dzhemilev said that the number of victims of the repression of citizens in the Crimea, including the dead and missing has reached 22 people.
This is a young Crimean Tatar boy with a placard "Crimean Tatars are for peace".
As was reported before, 76 families came back to the peninsula from different deportation places, but none of them was allowed to stay in Crimea as "the annual quota" has been exhausted, and all of them were forced to leave the territory. He claimed that previously nearly 2 thousand people annually had been coming back to Crimea.
Recognised Ukrainian territory of Crimea was annexed by the Russian Federation in March 2014.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain