Crimea will suffer due to state budget deficit in Russia
Experts say all budgetary appropriations will be cut except for social payments and defense expenditures
Crimea might be underfinanced in 2016 due to the state budget deficit in Russia. The reason, as known, is the decrease of world’s oil prices. Mikhail Krutikhin, partner of consulting company RusEnergy said this in an interview with Krym. Realii, commenting on Russian Premier Dmitry Medvedev’s statement about optimization of the state budget.
“All budgetary appropriations in the 2016 state budget will be cut except for social payments, defense and civil security expenditures. No expenses assigned for regional development; that is, regions, including Crimea and Sevastopol, will suffer because of budgetary issues”.
January 13, Head of Russian government Dmitry Medvedev held a speech at Gaidarovsky economic forum, urged the citizens to get ready for the worst economic scenario in 2016, adding that the further decrease of oil prices will lead to reconsideration of budget articles and cuts of expenditures.
Under the decision of the Parliament, the temporary occupation of Crimea by Russia officially began on February 20, 2014. Neither Kyiv, nor governments of Western countries recognized the illegal annexation of the peninsula; the EU and the USA imposed multiple waves of economic sanctions on Russia. The Kremlin denies the fact of the occupation of the peninsula and calls it “restoration of historical justice”.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain