Canada not to find any confirmation of Russia's accusations against Ukraine, - Stéphane Dion
Canadian Foreign Minister concerned about tension between Ukraine and Russia
Canada has not found evidence of recent accusations of Russia on the situation in the occupied Crimea, the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Canada, Stéphane Dion said.
Ukrinform agency reports this.
"I am concerned about the tensions between Ukraine and Russia, as well as the actions and words that contribute to the stressful situation. We have not seen any evidence of recent Russian accusations", Dion said.
He called on all parties to show restraint and to continue negotiations.
"At this critical time, Canada urges all parties to avoid provocations and to make diplomatic efforts", Stéphane Dion urged.
Canadian Foreign Minister reminded that Russia illegally annexed the Ukrainian Crimea and must fulfill Minsk agreements.
"Canada continues to condemn the Russia’s violation of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity. We are steadfast in its position of non-recognition of illegal annexation of Crimea. As our partners and allies, we insist on the full implementation of the Minsk Agreements, putting the end to violence to achieve a peaceful and lasting solution to the conflict in eastern Ukraine", Dion stressed.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case