Canada and Ukraine to perform an observation flight over Russia
The flight is the part of Open Skies Treaty
A joint mission of Canada and Ukraine plans to perform an observation flight over the territory of Russia under the Open Skies Treaty. It was stated by Russia's Head of the National Center for Nuclear Risk Reduction Sergey Ryzhkov, TASS.
"In the period from 26 to 30 October as a part of the Open Skies Treaty, a joint mission of Canada and Ukraine plans to perform an observation flight over the territory of the Russian Federation in the Canadian surveillance aircraft C-130J," said Ryzhkov.
According to him, the route of the flight is already agreed, Russian specialists on board of the aircraft will monitor adherence to the agreed flight parameters of the Treaty.
"Observation aircraft C-130J is not equipped to carry on board or use any weapons. The plane and the observation equipment (aerial cameras) have passed the international certification, with the participation of Russian specialists. It eliminates the use of technical means, which are not provided by the Open Skies Treaty," said Ryzhkov.
Open Skies Treaty, launched in 2002, establishes a program of unarmed aerial surveillance flights over the entire territory of its 34 participants.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case