Bulgaria accuses Russia of ten violations of its airspace in June
Russian Defense Ministry denied allegations of violations and flying off with transponder
Russian aircraft at least 10 times intruded into the airspace of Bulgaria in June. Interfax agency reports this referring to the statement by the Minister of Defense Nikolay Nenchov broadcasted by Bulgarian television.
He called these facts "the provocation, which purpose is unclear". "This is a major concern, we take preventive measures, our fighters are ready to intercept", said the Minister.
Nenchov said he did not know an official explanation from Moscow, since, according to him, the negotiations on this subject were conducted through diplomatic channels.
The Russian Defense Ministry said that "the Russian aircraft really conduct planned regular flights over the Black Sea. Their flight routes lie in strict compliance with the international regulations on the use of airspace over neutral waters. All flights, including those in June, were carried out with only enabled transponders ", the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Major-General Igor Konashenkov stated.
According to him, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation "with undisguised amazement" learned from the speech of the Bulgarian Minister of Defense of the allegedly increasing violations last month in some "zone of responsibility of the Bulgarian NATO airspace" by Russian military aircraft with transponders turned off.
"First of all, I would like the explanations by the minister, how far away is the air space of NATO responsibility from the air borders of Bulgaria", added Konashenkov.
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars