Ukraine announced sanctions against Russian airlines
State Aviation Service has sent official messages to Russian airlines on ban of the flights from October 25
The notifications concerning sanctions imposed against Russian airlines have already been sent, as state the media center of Ukrainian State Aviation Service. Russian services, and Ministry of Transport in particular, give no comments on the situation.
September 25, Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers has banned flights of Russian airlines in Ukraine, in particular, "Aeroflot" and "Transaero". In this regard, Russian airlines will not be able to make flights to Ukraine from October 25. Recalling, Kremlin called this decision a madness.
Russian Minister of Transport Maxim Sokolov said that Moscow would retaliate if Ukraine closes airspace to Russian companies. Subsequently, he added that Ukrainian airlines falled into the Russian sanctions list, as soon as Russia received an official explanation of the position of Kyiv.
September 22, a decree of President Poroshenko on the imposing of sanctions against the Russian Federation entered into force. These restrictive measures embrace more than 400 individuals and 90 entities of Russia and other countries involved in the annexation of Crimea and aggression in Donbas.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case