Russian airlines are banned from flying to Ukraine
Russian companies will not get permission for flights to Ukrainian cities since October 25
"State Aviation Administration informed Russian airlines, indicated in the sanctions list, that they would not be granted the permission to make flights to Ukraine since the winter period 2015/2016", reported press service of Ukrainian Ministry of Infrastructure
Aeroflot and Transaero are banned from flying to Ukraine from October 25, said in the statement.
The ban on flights is performed due to the implementation of the Presidential decree and after the Prime Minister’s instruction.
Yatsenyuk stated that the government also prohibits the transit of Russian airlines flights over the territory of Ukraine, if they contain military goods, dual purpose, or the Russian military manpower.
Russian Ministry of Transport will provide specular measures if this intention is implemented.
"If these intentions are realized in documents of aviation authorities of Ukraine, to close its airspace for Russian companies, the Russian government will be forced to take specular measures", said Russian Minister of Transport Maxim Sokolov, "Interfax-Ukraine".
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels