Putin: denial to cooperate with Assad is a great mistake
Russian President called on to create wide international coalition against terrorists in support of existing regimes in the Middle East
"Today we are providing military support to Iraq, Syria and other countries of the region that are fighting terrorists", said Putin during his speech at the 70th session of the UN General Assembly.
"We consider it to be a great mistake to deny cooperation with Syrian authorities. In addition to President Assad's forces and Kurdish militia no one really fights in Syria with the Islamic State. We offer to work together on the basis of international law to meet the new challenges we face and create a truly wide international anti-terrorist coalition. Like the anti-Hitler coalition, it could combine a variety of forces ready to firmly confront those who, like the Nazis, sow evil and misanthropy", stressed Putin.
Putin added, "We hope that the international community will be able to develop a comprehensive strategy for political stability and socio-economic reconstruction of the Middle East. Then, dear friends, we would not have to build refugee camps."
Russian President Vladimir Putin delivered a speech at the 70th session of the UN General Assembly. While speaking about issues of Syria, ISIS, and destabilization in the Middle East, he condemned US policy of nonrecognition of Assad’s "legitimate government" and urged to establish wide international coalition involving all powers opposing to terrorists of ISIS.
Watch the video:
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels