Obama: We don’t want to isolate Russia
US President Obama stated that Russia should follow the way of diplomacy
Barack Obama addressed to the UN General Assembly. In his speech, US President stated that the USA can’t stand aside of Russian annexation of Crimea and ongoing aggression in the East of Ukraine.
"Think about Russian annexation of Crimea and aggression in the East of Ukraine. There is a long history between Russia and Ukraine. We can’t stand aside while this is happening in Ukraine. It is not the desire to return the Cold War. Russian media, under the influence of the state, may convey: "Here is the Cold War again". Because of the sanctions, economy falls, ruble falls, a wave of migration appears. If Russia followed the way of diplomacy, it would be better for Ukraine, Russia itself, the whole world. We don’t want to isolate Russia. We don’t want weak Russia", said Obama.
This day, Obama will meet Putin within the framework of the General Assembly session. The White House’s press office has announced, that the presidents will discuss situation in Ukraine and Syria.
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case