Normandy Quartet to meet on October 2
Also, Putin will individually speak with Merkel and Hollande
October 2, Russian President Vladimir Putin will leave to Paris on meeting of the Normandy format (Germany, France, Ukraine, Russia). In addition to the multilateral talks, Putin will hold separate meetings with French President Francois Hollande and Chancellor Angela Merkel, TASS reports.
"In addition to the talks in the Normandy format, which will consist of the actual negotiations and leaders’ working lunch, President Putin plans to hold separate meetings with Merkel and Hollande", told Yuri Ushakov, assistant of the Russian President.
He denied possibility of Putin’s private meeting with President Poroshenko. "The presidents (of Russia and Ukraine) will closely communicate during a meeting in the Normandy format ", said Ushakov.
The official couldn’t specify whether the meeting will be held between Putin and his European vis-a-vis before or after the meeting of the Quartet, referring to the fact that this issue is under consideration and, in particular, depends on the host of the summit, the president of France. "But tentatively, we focus on the fact that bilateral meetings are to be scheduled before the main summit", he said.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars