Muslim community in Crimea chased by Russian Security Service
Human rights activists state about "preventive conversations" performed by Russian FSB
Crimean human rights activists report that Russian government and FSB (Federal Security Service) in Crimea interfere in the activities of Muslim religious communities, Krymr.com. “According to witnesses, FSB representatives said that members of the Muslim community will have to submit to "preventive conversations" in the Russian FSB,” as said in the statement. Human rights activists said that August 14, Russian FSB arrived to the mosque in Ay-Vasyl (Vasylievka) in Yalta to establish surveillance cameras to counter terrorism.
“Legal base for such an intervention are specific criminal charges against specific individuals, whose status should be determined by the decision of the investigator (as suspected); or the question of banning of the activities of religious organizations in connection with the prohibited activities defined by law. However, none of these bases were not shown by the law enforcers,” note the activists.
"Thus, the video surveillance in the mosque is the Russian authorities' and FSB's intervention into religious ceremony, which violates freedom of conscience and religion," conclude the experts of human rights organization.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas