Kerry to meet Lavrov on September 30
US Secretary of State sees potential for progress of situation in Ukraine
US Secretary of State John Kerry will meet Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov tomorrow, on Wednesday, September 30, he informed in an interview to TV channel MSNBC.
During the meeting, negotiations will be continued between two parties concerning situation in Ukraine and Syria. The US Secretary of State said that he intends to put special attention to the Ukrainian issue during the talks. Kerry sees an opportunity to make progress in resolving the crisis in Ukraine in the nearest future.
"There is potential to try to make progress in Ukraine in the coming months", stated Kerry.
Yesterday, Obama and Putin met after debates at the UN General Assembly. Their conversation lasted for two hours, sides hadn't presented any resolution based on its results.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case