82% of Russians believe West is pursuing hostile policy against Russia
The say Western countries are just jealous of Russia and its might
Russian "Levada Center", non-governmental polling and sociological research organisation, has published data of a sociological survey, according to which two-thirds of respondents said that Russia has never been the aggressor and initiator of conflicts with other countries. Another 26% of respondents believe that in most cases Russia has been a victim of the conflict, the aggrieved party.
82% of Russians believe that the Western countries had been performing the hostile policy towards Russia. According to half of the respondents, the West expressed its inimical attitude by imposing sanctions after the annexation of the Crimea, as well as information war against the Kremlin.
27% of them believe that the Western countries are trying to change the regime of President Vladimir Putin and to impose "the other" values and culture to the Russian people. About half of the respondents believe that the West is afraid of the military might of Russia and claims to its natural wealth. A quarter of Russians are of the opinion that the Western countries are just jealous of Russia.
Sociologist of "Levada Center" Karina Pipiya noted that among the majority believe that Russia's participation in major international conflicts is forced. With regard to the Ukrainian conflict, hostility to Russia is perceived as a desire of Western countries to take a moment to put pressure on it - it was stated by every second respondent (49%).
Recalling, October 22, Russian Public Opinion Research Center published the poll, according to which the rating of Vladimir Putin as president of Russia has reached a historic high - 89.9%.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas