4 years of imprisonment for likes and shares of information about Ukraine
Yekaterina Vologzheninova from Russia accused of an “accessory to terrorism” for likes and reposts of materials about Ukraine, Current Time reports
Yekaterina Vologzheninova, 46-year old single mother from Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation posted on her profile at social networking sites information regarding events in Ukraine. Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation determined such activity as "extremist", Ukrinform.
About that reported Current Time.
Russian security officials under pretence of cable repairing broke into woman’s apartment with search and recovered her PC, tablet and mobile phone. Also, they blocked all of her bank accounts and credit cards in order to prohibit the allegedly financing of terroristic organizations, Vologzheninova told.
Moreover, before the trial she was included to a list of “terrorist supporters” on the mail page of the Russian Federal Fiscal Control Service’s website.
Reporters of “Current time” received commentary only from prosecutor’s office. They were told that the authors of materials, which woman has “liked” and “shared” via social media, recognized as extremist, therefore, for the solidarity with such opinions she faces imprisonment for 4 years.
“Information duplexing and publication of links on these materials itself amount to a crime. According to that, the woman was taken to criminal responsibility,” the chief assistant prosecutor of Sverdlovsk region Marina Kanatova told.
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case