Yefremov commented on his arrest
Yefremov believes that his detention is related to "nervousness that prevails in the halls of power"
The former head of the Party of Regions, Oleksandr Yefremov, believes that his detention is related to "nervousness that prevails in the government." He stated this during a break in bail hearing on Yefremov.
"I link my arrest with the nervousness that prevails in the halls of power. Appearingly, the state has such big problems, that they have to back up their informational bluffing in such a way," - Yefremov said.
As it was reported earlier, Yefremov was detained and accused of violation of foreign territorial supremacy and infringement of inviolability on July 30, in Kyiv airport. He was heading to Vienna. He is also incriminated creation of so-called "LNR", misappropriation of state assets and deliberate actions aimed at modification to the boundaries of Ukraine.
Note the articles incriminated to Yefremov, do not provide bail or house arrest as a preventive measure.
According to UNIAN, there are several dozen members of the National Guard for law enforcement inside the building of the court and around it.
Near the courthouse meeting of representatives of the public organization "Free people" is held, supporting the position of the prosecutor's office in this case. The judge is Volodymyr Karaban.
Watch online broadcast here:
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case