Yatsenyuk: We must fight Russia's aggression with strict diplomatic position and sanctions
Russian aggression is a threat to whole world
The strict diplomatic position, sanctions and strong Security Forces can be the only answer to Russian aggression. Ex-Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk said this in Brussels after the meeting with Deputy Secretary-General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Alexander Vershbow, Unian reports.
Arseniy Yatsenyuk stressed that there is a catastrophic security situation in the world, and Russian Federation is almost one and only reason for this.
"The illegal annexation of the Crimea, the invasion in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, Russian aggression against Georgia, Russian military presence in the Trans-Dniester and military operations in Syria. Russia destabilizes the world's order", he said.
According to the politician, the NATO assistance that the Alliance decided to provide for the state during the Warsaw summit is the biggest from previous.
"However the support with weapons is not included in this package. Russia spends billions of dollars on the armament, and created the perfect test field for the new weapons on the territory of Ukraine, violating its territorial integrity", Yatsenyuk added.
Arseniy Yatsenyuk again urged the whole world to see the threat of Russia's destabilizing the international peace.
"Russia didn't stop its aggression against Ukraine. The strict diplomatic position, sanctions and strong Security Forces can be the only answer to Russian aggression", politician stated.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels