Yatsenyuk congratulated officers of the National Guard on its second anniversary
The National Guard became one of the country's first armed formations to participate in Donbas conflict
In March 2016, The National Guard of Ukraine marks its second anniversary. Leaders of the state congratulated soliders and officers, underscoring their crucial role in opposing the Russian aggression in Ukraine.
Watch the video:
"It is a great honor for me to come here and congratulate you all on the second anniversary of the National Guard of Ukraine – the guard that protects its own nation. The nation, which struggles against Russian aggression. The nation that struggles for its country and shows the rest of the world that Ukrainians are a strong people", Ukraine's Prime Minister said.
"Two years ago, when we created the National Guard and the-then Acting President Olexandr Turchynov approved the respective bill passed by the Parliament, the new government gave the newly created Guard new tasks and challenges. But there’s much more than the tasks from the government, dear officers. New threats emerged across the globe. Who would think several years ago that the rule of force would overcome the power of law and manage? Somebody forgot about his international commitments, international conventions and non-aggression pacts. In breach of the international law, the Russian federation illegally annexed the Ukrainian territory (the Autonomous Republic of Crimea), captured Donetsk and Luhansk", the Premier stressed.
According to him, "Russia tried to destroy Ukrainian statehood, based on the power of spirit of Ukrainians. It is Russia who changed the world order. And we were the first to fight for our country, for our rights and freedoms".
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars