Yatsenyuk: Ukraine started to strengthen border with Russia
The Prime Minister reports to the Parliament on the government’s actions in 2015
Ukraine completed about 20 percent of constructions works necessary to strengthen the border with Russia. Premier Arseniy Yatsenyuk said this during his speech at the Parliament where he touched upon the activities of the government in various areas throughout the last year. His speech is broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“As for the security policy, Ukraine started implementing the European Wall program. Eventually, Ukraine began strengthening its border with Russia. About 200 km of anti-tank ditches, 70 km of fence, 32 control towers and several electric border checkpoints were constructed. So far, we completed about 20 percent of work from what’s still left to do at the state border. We need two thousand kilometers of state border, while we don’t have any control over 400 of those - due to Russian aggression”, the Premier said.
The government presents the report on its actions in 2015, while staying in rather critical conditions. Most recently, Minister of Trade and Economic Development Aivaras Abromavicius resigned, saying it was due to regular pressure on his team and unwillingness of some Ukrainian officials to continue with reforms in the country. The Minister’s step caused an avalanche of criticism against the government – both in Ukraine and abroad.
Yatsenyuk says he will resign only if the Parliament claims the vote of censure to his government. Ukraine’s MPs are currently discussing the quality of work of Yatsenyuk’s government, as well as pros and contras of saving it.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case