On February 18, 2014 Yanukovych launched "ATO" for Maidan dispersal
"Counter terrorist operation" started at command of the former president of Ukraine exactly two years ago
The former president of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych and the ex-leaders of the Security Service and MIA (Ministry of Internal Affairs) on February 18, 2014 decided to launch the so-called "anti-terrorist operation" to use force for Maidan dispersal. This preparation took place since January 2014, said the Deputy Chief of Investigation Department, Head of the Ukrainian General Procuracy Special Investigation Department Sergiy Gorbatyuk during the briefing in Kyiv, reported UNIAN.
We recall, earlier Yanukovych case investigation was stopped.
According to his words, February 18, 2014 during the dispersal of peaceful protesters by the law enforcement officers, people got injures of eyes, brain concussion, broken arms, legs and lacerations. The law enforcement officers were injured too.
"These obstacles gave the reasons for political leaders, SSU, MIA and an ex-President to decide the anti-terrorist operation launch to use the force for Maidan dispersal. The preparations for the operation started in January 2014, and the steps for its implementation were made exactly on February 18. And the result was the assault on Maidan protesters during the night of 18/19 February. The investigation clearly established that there are no law reasons for the "anti-terrorist operation" announcement, so it was illegal and criminal” – said Gorbatyuk.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars