Yanukovych complained EU Court froze too much his money
Former President convinces that the charges against him are politically motivated
Former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych convinces the EU Court, that the charges against him are politically motivated, and in his European accounts there are much more funds frozen than required by the Prosecutor General.
This is stated in the report publicly announced today during Luxembourg hearing on the "case of Yanukovych against EU Council," writes Deutsche Welle.
The document states that the arguments to cancel the EU sanctions imposed against former Ukrainian President in March 2014, Yanukovych's lawyers referred to the Court in Luxembourg, on behalf of his client.
According to the fugitive president, all charges were made against him by Ukraine, are politically motivated, and there is no progress in criminal cases against him.
Yanukovych also claims about "excessive" amount of frozen funds on his accounts. The ex-president insists that the amount of funds frozen in the accounts exceeds the amount of misappropriation of property, which is attributed to him.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee