Yanukovych commented on the law on corrupt assets
"Talk about my "mythical billions" is "an attempt to divert Ukrainians’ attention from the collupsed coutry"
The law on the return of illegally acquired assets is an attempt to divert the attention of Ukrainians from "political and economic collapse," stated the ex-president of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych in his comment sent to the Reuters international news agency.
According to Yanukovych’s words, the talk about his "mythical billions" is "an attempt of present political losers to divert Ukrainians’ attention from the fact that they brought the country to ruin."
The ex-president also said that the Prosecutor General of Ukraine has confirmed that he did not have any bank accounts abroad.
Yanukovych is confident that if the law will be adopted, high officials will be able to confiscate whatever they want from Ukrainian citizens "without proof of guilt or a court decision."
Recall, in February, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk and President Petro Poroshenko urged parliamentarians to adopt a law, which, according to their data, will allow the confiscation of $ 1.5 billion owned by the previous government figures, from the accounts of "Oschadbank."
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas