Yalta museum of Lesya Ukrainka in Crimea might shut down
The museum’s founder Svitlana Kocherga gave an interview to Radio Liberty
“The fate of the museum of Lesya Ukrainka in Yalta, Crimea, is on hold now. I’m worried whether this museum will keep on working or whether it stays there at all. The authorities might leave a room or something, but the museum as it is might cease to exist. I assume it will be restored and re-opened, but it would be quite a different museum, perhaps the one dedicated to Russian cultural heritage”, Kocherga said.
She said that the information about the allegedly collapsed rooftop of the museum was false; however, there still are problems. “There’s a crack in the ceiling and several stones fell out of there. But the museums staff won’t tell you anything about that. The building actually needs to be repaired”, the museum’s founder said.
Previously, Russia, in breach of the international law, considered 220 places of interest across Crimea its own cultural and historical heritage. Ukraine’s Ministry of Culture claimed that the illegitimate decision of the Russian Federation has no legal consequences and violates the norms of international law.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas