White House expands sanctions against Russia
Sanctions have been imposed on 34 individuals
The United States expanded economic sanctions against Russia, Department of the Treasury reported December 22 on its website.
Apart from Russian individuals and companies, a number of Crimea-based enterprises were also put on the list. Yalta film studio, Massandra and Novyi Svet wineries, Azov distillery and Universalavia air company joined the U.S. sanctions list on Tuesday. Among the individuals who fell under the sanctions are Ukraine's former ministers who served during Viktor Yanuvkocyh's rule - ex-education minister Dmytro Tabachnyk and Vitaliy Zakharchenko.
Washington also imposed economic restrictions upon Yandex Money, VTB 24 bank, Gals-Development company, Novikombank, as well as subsidiaries of Sberbank in Ukraine and Belarus. Even exempted Russian companies located in the Carribean basin, fell under U.S. sanctions.
Previously, the EU extended its sanctions against Russia. The decision was made by the EU central authorities due to Russia’s unwillingness to settle down the ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels