"We expect positive news about Savchenko, Soloshenko and Afanasiev" - Gerashchenko
Also there are still 112 Ukrainian hostages in occupied Donbas
Until the end of May we expect some positive news about Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko, Ukrainian political prisoners detained in Russian Federation Yuriy Soloshenko and Gennadiy Afanasiev , - reported the first Deputy Chairman of Verkhovna Rada Iryna Gerashchenko.
"Our humanitarian subgroup is doing a lot of work for the release of the hostages. We expect some positive decisions about the fate of Nadiya Savchenko, as well as political prisoners, who were held in Russia - Yuriy Soloshenko and Gennadiy Afanasiev to the end of the month. I want to note that the issue of releasing hostages is under the personal control of the President.
If we talk about the liberation of the hostages, who are now on the territories of occupied Donbas – there are 112 Ukrainians today, military and civilian, and the process of their release is blocked, the fighters demand to take an amnesty", - she said.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case