Voter turnout in Ukraine's local elections was around 46.6%
The eastern regions, Donetsk and Luhansk, demonstrated the lowest electoral activity
The Central Election Commission (CEC) announced that 46.62% of the voters appeared at the polling stations to take their ballots, which respectively reflects the turnout in the Ukraine's local elections of October 25. According to the official CEC report, the biggest turnout was in the Ternopil (56.50%) and Lviv regions (56.31%). Ivano-Frankivsk, Volyn, Khmelnytsky, Rivne, Vinnytsia regions have also passed the 50-percent mark.
Voter turnout was low in the conflict-affected areas in the eastern part of the country: Donetsk (31.65%) and Luhansk (35.27%) regions.
Recalling, in Mariupol and Krasnoarmiysk, government-controlled areas of Donetsk region, election process was failed, voting did not take place. Representatives of local election commissions claim that the problem was caused by typographies, which had to print bulletins. Also, in the evening, the seal of Krasnoarmiysk electoral commission disappeared. The situation in the Luhansk region remained stable, but still it is too early to speak about the results. Some resonant statements regarding events in the Luhansk region sounded during the night, and one of them was that local elections in Lysychansk are nor recognized. The head of Luhansk regional administration Heorhiy Tuka stated that elections in Rubizhne and Severodonetsk are null and void.
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars