Volodymyr Karplyuk: The searches and accusations are a pure political order
Volodymyr Karplyuk was on telephone on air of 112 TV channel explaining the details of the searches and accusations against him, connecting the searches to the receint elections in Kotsyubynske
Volodymyr Karplyuk was on telephone on air of 112 TV channel explaining the details of the searches and accusations against him.
Irpin Mayor refused to report his current location and stated about political put-up job.
He said that he was told beforehand about the searches and that there was a political order to imprison him. He also stressed on incompetency of officials accusing him and says he was not occupying position of deputy head of the city Council in 2013, when the lands were actually alienated.
He also applies to the fact that he had never received any documents about criminal cases, any accusations or summons.
He connects the searches to the elections in Kotsyubynske, where the representatives of Karplyuk’s poitical force “New Faces” were participating and won the majority of seats in the local council, which is enough to dismiss the head of the council or overcome his veto.
As it was reported earlier, the searches at the mayors' offices and houses of Irpin and Buscha were held today. Both mayors are accused of power abuse and malversation during illicit alienation of 890 hectares of especially valuable lands of forestry purposes.
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars