Volodymyr Groysman held a meeting with President of EU Regions Committee Markku Markkula
Both sides discussed the importance of decentralization reform in Ukraine
Ukraine’s Supreme Council Chairman Volodymyr Groysman held a meeting with the President of EU Regions Committee Markku Markkula during Ukrainian Week in Brussels.
Both sides discussed the importance of decentralization reform in Ukraine, and also the European experts’ assistance on the issue of regional policy formation in our country.
Markku Markkula reported that EU Regions Committee established a working group of 7 persons to support the decentralization reform in Ukraine.
In turn, the speaker of the Supreme Council highly appreciated this initiative and suggested the working group to focus on three key areas: European experience of decentralization and development of local communities, European experience of regional development, in particular, strategic planning and the post-industrial and post-conflict regions restoration.
Watch the video:
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case