"Vladimir Putin underestimated Ukrainian women" - Geoffrey Pyatt
Nadiya Savchenko's bravery and fortitude are a powerful symbol of Ukrainian stability
Russian President Vladimir Putin underestimated Ukrainian women, said US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt.
“After the last 28 months of events in Ukraine it became obvious how much Vladimir Putin underestimated Ukrainian women. Whether it is the courage of Ruslana, who sang the national anthem from the Maidan stage, or the courage of Olga Bogomolets and her Medical Corps.
The courage of many of you who have been a part of civil society, and now switched sides to become leaders in the parliament and in the government. Courage of Ukrainian women who play leading roles in the ATO as volunteers, soldiers, and most of all - Nadiya Savchenko, whose bravery and fortitude are a powerful symbol of Ukrainian stability "- Payette said.
Earlier Payette reported that the US is ready to continue helping Ukraine to fight on two fronts: by the war against Russian aggression and by the war for reform, which are equally important.
Klimkin: Russia tries to tear Europe appart 12 October, 17:33
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars