Vira Savchenko: “Poroshenko’s letter” was operation by Russian special services
The sister of Ukrainian pilot says the Kremlin uses all sorts of measures to discredit Savchenko and her country
The fake letter to Nadiya Savchenko, allegedly signed by President Poroshenko, was a large-scale special operation designed and perpetrated by Russian special services. It involved a lot of people, Nadiya’s sister Vira Savchenko said in an interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“It was a serious operation; they called me and many people whom I met back when we participated in the Euromaidan protests. The Kremlin found all those people, scrutinized them”, she noted.
She added that the special services resort to all kinds of measures so as to frighten and discredit Ukrainians in Russia. “If Ukrainians assault their embassy, and they attack ours, at least we never touch the consuls in these dirty games; and the Russians do that. But they keep silence so that it looks like an innocent joke. That’s mean, but that’s the nature of the Kremlin”, Vira Savchenko said.
She added she was sure that Nadiya’s lawyer Mark Feygin couldn’t know that the letter was a fake one.
Previously, Feygin published the letter sent to Nadia Savchenko, allegedly by Petro Poroshenko, in which she was asked to stop her hunger strike. Besides, the letter stated that the President would like to see Savchenko in the new Ukrainian government. Later, Feygin apologized to everyone who read the letter at his Facebook page, presuming it was a special operation by the FSB (Russian federal security service). Poroshenko’s press secretary Svyatoslav Tseholko claimed the Head of the Ukrainian state never sent Savchenko any letters, but expressed his support to her family verbally.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars