Venice Commission: Level of political corruption in Ukraine decreased
On the other hand, the government will have to deal with still strong judicial corruption, - Gianni Buquicchio
The European Commission for Democracy through Law believes that since the victory of Euromaidan movement and the 2014 Revolution of Dignity, the level of political corruption in Ukraine has decreased. However, the corruption in the judiciary system remains up-to-date. The commission’s leader Gianni Buquicchio said this as quoted by Ukrainski Novyny news agency.
‘Unfortunately, corruption remains a destabilizing factor for the judicial system’, he said.
Buquicchio also praised the Ukrainian parliament for imposing constitutional changes regarding the justice, the liqudation of supreme special courts, and creation of the Supreme Law Council instead of the Supreme Justice Council.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas