Uzbekistan confirmed, and then again denied reports about death of Islam Karimov
The Interfax agency reported that Karimov died on 79th year of life, but then removed the article
President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov died on the 79 th year of life, according to Interfax with reference to the official government report. But later this information was removed.
Russian "RIA Novosti" with reference to the press service of the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan wrote that there were no reports of the death of the head of state at all.
"To date, there is no information about the death of the President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov on any of information resources", - said the representative of the Cabinet of Ministers.
There are also no reports on the website of the government of Uzbekistan, its website is working intermittently. The news of the death of Karimov disappeared from the website of the agency "Interfax".
Earlier the Reuters sources reported about Karimov's death. The agency also reported that the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev will visit Uzbekistan on Saturday, interrupting his trip to China.
"The sudden change of plans may reflect the fact that the Kazakhstan government is preparing for the inevitable announcement of the death of President Islam Karimov", - wrote the agency.
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels