USS Whidbey Island entered the Black Sea
USS Whidbey Island assault landing ship entered the Black Sea to take part in the exercises "Sea Breeze 2016"
USS Whidbey Island assault landing ship entered the Black Sea. It goes to Odesa to take part in the exercises "Sea Breeze 2016". The ship will ground the Marines on coast near the mouth of the Danube.
The boats on air cushions and several helicopters are on board. It is also reported that that river may be holding up to 500 troops.
Whidbey Island is a fairly rare type of a combat ship. There are only eight of them of such class. The vessel was designed back in 1970-s and built only in late 80s.
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars