USA State Department comments on new sanctions against Russia
"These are measures that we are making in relation to existing sanctions to make sure that they still have their power", said Toner
The US Department of State urged not to consider new sanctions against Russia as tightening of restrictive measures. Deputy Department Spokesperson Mark Toner stated this, Ukrinform reports.
"We are constantly working to close the loopholes in the sanctions and maintain the level of penalties on the same scale. These measures are not to be considered an escalation of sanctions. They are only measures we implement to ensure that the existing sanctions still have their power", said Toner.
However, a spokesman for the US State Department has denied the link between the expansion of sanctions and the results of the meeting of Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin at the G20 summit in Beijing.
Recall that European Union ambassadors have prolonged asset freezes and visa bans on 146 individuals and 37 entities that threatened Ukraine's territorial integrity.
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case